Thursday, September 24, 2009

New Friend in the House

Here is the start of documenting the adventures of Auntie Jenn! Hopefully I can post often and not be a slacker. We will see.

So my first story for you guys is how I found a little friend in my house two days ago. So I come home from a jog and I am getting ready to fix dinner. I look over in the living room to find Pickles acting really funny. She keeps looking under the couch and backing away. I go over and ask her what she is doing, she said look for yourself. Then as I am bending down I only see a tennis ball under the couch. Then, across the room I see a GIANT rat racing across the house!!!! I stood up quickly and thought to myself...did I just see that?? Then, behind my drawing board I can see a tail sticking out. Michael has just left to go to Walmart so I have to deal with this on my own. I go to the kitchen, take out the trash bag out of the can and rig the can next to one of the openings by the drawing board and the wall. Then I take a long fake flower and push on the other side. I heard a few squiks and then our friend went into the trash can. Yeah!! Victory! Then I quickly stand the can up and look inside. He was about 6 inches long, not including the tail. Just then I heard Michael coming home. So I go outside and show him my proud catch. He saw something move and thought it was a snake and went running!!! After we calmed down we decided it would be best to take it somewhere far from our house. So I had to get in the car with trash can, carefully making sure it won't tip over, and drive it to the field across our neighborhood. Now I am safe to say that our friend is lost and has no idea where he is.

Moral of the story.... fix your broken screen and don't use it as a doggy door because you never know what is going to crawl inside with it.

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahaha! that was a great first story! and i'm so glad that it even had a moral :)

    ReplyDelete